[access-uk] Re: reinstalling XP home

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:30:31 +0000

I suggest that you do a clean install of XP as not only will it return
everything back to factory defaults, as it were, but it will definitely
solve all your problems as the setup programme actually formats the hard
disk before proceeding with the installation. I realize that a repair
option exists for the installation, but am not sure how effective that
would be. Good luck, and I hope that helps.
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:28:08 +0000, "Andy Collins"
<Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi all - I=92ve got a friend going to reinstall XP this evening for me,=
=20
> hopeing it will resolve my Outlook Express and system restore=20
> problems.
>=20
> Can somebody tell me what I need to do if anything before hand, so=20
> that it installs and works to optimum efficiency?
>=20
> I know too, that I=92ll need to make changes after installation in=20
> order for jaws to run to it=92s potential, unfortunately, all my saved=20
> email messages got lost amongst all my problems; can someone let me=20
> have a copy of the changes I will need to make please?
>=20
> Thanks for any help/guidance.
>=20
> Andy=20