[access-uk] Re: registry cleaner

  • From: "dave and sally" <slavelady2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:50:27 +0100

hi all, just joined the list and i would like to make a comment on registery
cleaners.

in the main, i supose they do what they say, but my experiance of using reg
cure was that it wiped out links and short cuts that it thought was no longer
needed.
this seemed to be because it couldnt find the other  computers the links were
refering to  because the computers concerned were turned off.
this distroyed lots of the hard work i had previously done when setting up a
complex network and the shortcuts  that were associated with them..

i supose i have learned by my mistake, and now know that before i want to run a
registery cleaner   i should ensure that all computers on the network are
switched on.
has anyone else had this problem?
Dave & Sally.
buy and sell your surplus free, join the new mailing group by sending a blank
email to. thebargainstore-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

or find more details here.
http://www.secretsthatwekeep.com/thebargainstore/invite.htm