[access-uk] Re: recommendations for scannors which are reasonably priced and compatible with both Jaws version 7.0 and Windows Xp home

  • From: deonv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:26:19 +0100

Hi Alexander
Epson Perfection 3490 Photo
USB = Yes
Price = under £70 delivered.
Scanning/copying software accessible with Jaws 7 = yes.
Compatible with Windows XP Home SP2 = yes.

Deon
At 16:00 18/06/2006, you wrote:
Hi all,

I know I started a thread about a cannon scanner recently and I appreciate the help I received on that, however, I am going to try, with the help of an RNIB volunteer, to install the scanner based on some of the help George Bell very kindly gave me both on and off list.

However, the volunteer has suggested that the scanner I have currently may not work with Windows XP hence my writing this message.

As the subject says, I want to ask the list members for recommendations of reasonably priced scanners that will work with Jaws 7.0 and Windows XP home with SP2 and all latest windows updates installed.

Please also note I would appreciate it if it could be noted when giving suggestions, that I would find it easier if any scanners suggested had USB connectivity capabilities

Thank you for any advice you can give.

Alexander Shannon