[access-uk] Re: reading online

  • From: Gordon Keen <gordonkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 16:13:24 +0100

You might view text in notepad or wordpad or word or, well try a google search and see how many text viewers you come up with. Once the contents have been saved as a plain text or rich text document you can insert bookmarks in the document when you want to finish a section, I favour jkl; because it is easy to type and is not a string you would come across accidently, so that when you reload the document you can do a search for, say jkl;, and you will go straight to where you left off. Never having used the shark I have no idea if it has a built in book mark facility.

Cheers

From glorious Devon, England.

On 1 Aug 2008, at 14:42, Derek Hornby wrote:

Gordon  wrote

"Try saving the web page as a text file then go off line and read it
with your usual text viewer."

What do you mean by: "text viewer." ? I am using Jaws.
And the issue  is:  Can one mark place where one has finished.
Is the answer no,  and so  hardcopy print, Braille is better from that
point  of view.