[access-uk] Re: reading metres

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:33:09 +0100

Hi, in these days of such levels of fraud, we can't be too careful who we
have doing things for us, sad to say. We've had bogus window cleaners and
all sorts round here. The facts are that we are supposed to have the right
to be able to do everything if we want, which we clearly still can't do. I
too think it's good to get help with things when we need it as long as we
remain in control of our own affairs, but too many sighted people impose
conditions and people end up not always getting what they need in a way that
leaves them empowered or confident. Some don't know sighted people they
trust, and if they do, those sighted people often just don't have the time.
It's all about choice really!