[access-uk] Re: reading metres

  • From: Christopher Maule-Oatway <c.maule@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:08:19 +0100

Hello Yusuf,

If you want to find ways of saving money on your energy bills, take a look at

www.uswitch.com

Choosing energy suppliers and payment type is quite a minefield. I used to use different companies for gas and electricity, but now have a single supplier. Sometimes I have paid quarterly, and other times monthly.

Many companies offer customers a discount if they enter their meter readings on-line. For those of us who cannot see to read a meter, it would be good if there were some way of getting a meter reading without having to ask for sighted help!

Cheers,

Christopher

At 14:34 16/09/2008 +0000, you wrote:
Hi Dave, thanks for that. I may have to look around then because my electricity company Good Energy will only come out once ay year, the gas company comes out once every 3 months and I think the same applies for water. Although I don't think its possible to change water companies.

Yusuf
AM