[access-uk] Re: reading books with scanners

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 09:57:29 +0100

Hi Will

ZoomX, as far as I know, is sold by Humanware.

Personally, I don't recommend any of the camera-based scanning devices.
They are expensive and limited, but that's subjective of course.  I have an
Optic Book 3600 flatbed scanner.  Because the glass comes right up to the
edge of the unit, you are able to hang a book with a spine over it and get a
good scan.  There will be a newer model now to do the same thing, but they
are very fast once the warm-up has kicked in.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns