[access-uk] Re: re downloads from bbc

  • From: Barry Toner <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 14:59:32 +0100

Hi Brian,

A couple of things spring to mind.  There may be some Firewalling issue
blocking you here, but I don't want to make your head spin by sending you off
Network troubleshooting.  If there is a particular show/program you want to
download let me know the name and I'll grab it and send it to you (if I can).

Secondly have you looked at the IT Can help volunteer service?  It's a group of
IT Pros who'll come out and help you with your computer, free of charge.
They'll sit down with you and help you get setup with whatever program you need
to use and even fix problems on computers.  I am one of the volunteers here in
Belfast, but I'm guessing you are in England?

The services site can be found here,

http://www.itcanhelp.org.uk

As I said I will happily try and get whatever show you need until you get Radio
Downloader or the iPlayer site sorted, as these programs are often limited to
only being online for 7 days.

Regards,
Barry.