[access-uk] re Sound cards and xp?

  • From: "alan pollard" <apollaal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access uk" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:23:02 +1000

Hello List Members,

As I am at present useing ,win 98 fitted with a single channel sound card, and
of cource having to unload Jaws prior to playing an Audio file, I am having a
refurveshed , P 4 computer loaded with X P home includeing specified oppsions
delivered soon .,I have googled imformation :sound Cards +screen readers and
and if i've understood it correctly ,X P can handle both the Jaws audio as well
as a second audio stream simultaneously apparently useing a standard
card,eliminating the bneed to upgrade to a,multi channel type?. please Is this
the case?, or should I specify a particular model card?.I also want to be able
to access Internet Radio!.thanks very much in advance!Alan.