[access-uk] Re: r n i b disgust me

  • From: Hazel Darvell <witch.hazel66@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 08:34:12 +0000

David the supervisers are very helpful but the problem is getting passed the other people in customer services. I now by pass them by telling them when they ask what the problem is by telling them it will become apparent when I get to speak to the superviser.

I am yet to get any answer on my latest issue.
But on speaking again with the superviser yesterday it appeared that there was not even braille for this product. When I asked about this I was told \BT would arrange this but the silly thing is who does the majority of braille transcription? R N I B. As you say they are loosing their way when it comes to people with severe sight loss or totally blind people. Good luck with your issues and don't give up until you get what you want out of it.
Hazel
On 29/12/2014 14:18, David Griffith wrote:
There does seem to be something seriously amiss with the RNIB this year.  The
problem used to be one of good intentioned amateurism and cock ups but
something more serious seems to be happening now. I know that they are
operating in a difficult environment but the basics seem to be going out of the
window. I do  not know if this is restructuring or or a failure of leadership.

For myself apart from the Overdrive shambles I have  had  to make 2 formal
complaints in respect of a product return in the last 6 weeks and I am still no
clearer as to when I will get my product replaced/repaired.  A third complaint
in  respect of the same issue will have to go in this week which is very
tiresome.
The inability  of the RNIB to respond even to formal complaints in   respect of
service failure is particularly concerning.
At least you got what seems a sensible supervisor to contact you so i hope there is a positive outcome for you at least.

David Griffith
On 29 Dec 2014, at 10:40, Hazel Darvell <witch.hazel66@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Janet many thanks for your opinion.
I have had the superviser call back and he was not a happy bunny on the
marketing departments decision not to put the instructions on audio and has
taken this to higher management.
Once again we are bottom of the barrel but we will overcome.
Hazel
On 29/12/2014 10:08, Janet Bell wrote:
Hi Hazel

I got the instructions from bt and they were not that helpflul for a totally
blind person, and one more thing I didn't like the powertel phone, I thought
the instructions were a lot of waffle and I didn't really like the phone itself.

Janet

-----Original Message----- From: Hazel Darvell
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2014 9:52 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] r n i b disgust me

Once again this organisation excel in not providing the service for
people they claim to help.
I wanted to buy the BT 4500 cordless phone with answerphone  but was
told they don't provide any audio instructions.
If I want these I have to call BT.
It is my choice when setting anything up to follow by audio instructions
so why sell this when the majority of their customers are visually impaired.
I have requested a call from one of the supervisers and wonder what
excuse they will come up with.
Needless to say I did not buy the product.
Hazel