[access-uk] questions on talks and nokia phones

  • From: "JILLIAN GRANT" <geordiecompuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:24:11 -0000

Hi.

Firstly, wondering what the main differences are between stand and premium
versions of Talks.  I have talks on an old phone, but newer versions have come
out since then.

On to the phone questions.  I was over at RNIB hq1 on judd street, in the
resource centre looking at the Owaysis Phone.  whilst there though, the guy
demoing it for me showed me his N86, which I liked the look of.  Didn't realize
though just how hard it's gonna be for me to get it.  The likes of Carphone
Warehouse and Phones 4 You don't sell them, and am not sure if any of the
networks support them.  That's not an issue, as I can go sim only and locate 1.
 But what I'm wondering is if there are any phones that are supported which can
do what I want the N86 to do.  so what is that?  Well, the guy at RNIB, (whose
first name is andrew) gave me a quick listen to a scanning program, which was
similar to KNfB, but considerably cheaper.   Think he called it beyo reader and
I know it cost him £75.  I'd certainly love to try this on a phone.  I liked
the keypad on the N86, but I've seen a few other sets and could probably get
used to those.  So just to sum up, wondering which other phones out at the
moment will support Beyo reader and of course talks.

thanks.

Jill.

"What would you do without music?  Where would you be without song?"