[access-uk] Re: question about books

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 09:53:49 -0000

Hi Sandra.

Precisely LOLOL, now with Talking Books on CD and with Audible probably the best site around for audio books, that just wouldn't happen. My only wish is that Audible would get some more of these timeless classics we used to enjoy reading on cassette from the publisher in a digital form, it's all to do with the rights apparently having expired as the publisher can only make a book available in Audio for a limited time as its part of the bidding contract process.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: whizza
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:27 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: question about books

Oh dear!  I used to get books on cassette from my local library and I
remember getting one book, Snow Wolf by Glen Meade, which was a huge book,
about twenty hours or so.  I read through it, thoroughly enjoying it, until
I got to the last tape.  Guess what?  It was broken!  Those were the days!

Cheers,
Sandra.