[access-uk] Re: query from a friend in India.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 11:15:14 +0100

I can't speak for all UK banks, but Allied Irish Bank (GB)
insist on having you sign what they call an "Indemnity",
which essentially, while allowing you to use a signature
stamp, means that if someone else other than the authorised
user uses it, they are not liable in any way.

Most banks must have some kind of procedure, if only to
allow large cheque issuers such as local authorities,
insurance companies and so on to issue thousands of
pre-printed, signed cheques.

George.