[access-uk] Re: purchasing postage stamps online

  • From: lsmithso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 13:58:04 +0100

My daughter does this all the time. You have to create an account on
the web site and add credit to it. You then weigh the item, and enter
the weight and destination address. It then debits the account and
displays a address label and a bar code. She just prints this off on
an A4 piece of paper and cuts it too size and glues it to whatever
she's sending.

I've never tried this by myself, so I don't know how accessable the
whole process is, but the process does exist.

Spring Flower writes:

hi

by stamps i don't mean stamps in the literal sense of the word but
isn'titpossible to go on to the post office's website and purchase and then
print off postage labels?

assuming i'm right which i think i am, what sort of label printer does one
have to use for this andhow does one weigh one's item that one wants to post?

also, how accessible is it all?

trace

--
Les Smithson