[access-uk] Re: products made for the blind

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jobennett39" for DMARC)
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 10:31:38 -0000

Jackie

I bought a blood pressure machine from Lloyds Pharmacy and it didn't need any setting up and was quite cheap. I bought it to do my Mum's pressure and it seems to give the same readings as her GP so must be fairly accurate.

Jo

-----Original Message----- From: Jackie Brown
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 10:16 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: products made for the blind

Hi Alison

One product I wanted in recent times was a blood pressure monitor sold by RNIB and possibly available on Amazon. The issue I had immediately was that you needed sighted assistance to set the time and date, without that, it wouldn't measure my blood pressure. Sadly, the Caretec version is no more which was fully accessible. I do get irritated when I hear of a product purporting to be accessible, only to find the caveat that you need sight for something or other. This is not exclusive to RNIB either so I'm not knocking anybody in particular. I do see a shift though in more mainstream products becoming more accessible, but that's all well and good if you can use Smart devices and touchscreens for accessing accompanying apps.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Email: Jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
Check out my website: www.thebrownsplace.info