[access-uk] Re: problems with pure sonus dab radio

  • From: "Gary Robinson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "gary.r30" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 10:52:37 +0100

Sandra,

The Pure Sonus DAB can still be repaired should it really go wrong, though not by Pure themselves. I had a new board put in mine when it went dead about a year ago.

I would agree with others that both the RNIB and BWFB don't seem to want to be bothered with DAB especially when it comes to its use by the totally blind, its just too much trouble.

A particular example is that of the difficulty in re-tuning any set (other than the Sonus) to pick up on any new DAB stations. I don't know of any set which doesn't require you to try and negotiate the menu system by memory and hope you select the correct option. It would have been a relatively simple adaptation to amend the software used by the DAB receiver to jump to the correct place in the menu system by the pressing of a combination of keys.

I would also agree with others that the totally blind are becoming an increasingly forgotten minority within a minority, untilit comes to fund raising that is! Anyway we are wandering off topic here and we will have the moderator after us if we are not careful so enough said.

Cheers

Gary

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq