[access-uk] Re: problems with malwarebytes

  • From: Jim <jim.mcauslan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 21:33:43 +0100

Hi Mark,

There are sites where you can download older versions of software and I downloaded malwarebytes 1.75 but when I ran it Nod32 gave me all sorts of dire warnings.
As before, all suggestions most welcome.
Jim Mc
On 27/04/2014 14:07, Mark Matthews wrote:
No worries Jim - apologies I read your message in a bit of a rush and missed the fact that you'd tried to restore the old version. However if there aren't going to be any Definition Updates for it after today that probably wouldn't do a great deal of good anyway/

Let's hope the problem's addressed in the next release....I think that's the only way forward!

Mark

-----Original Message----- From: Austin Pinto
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2014 1:58 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: problems with malwarebytes

i contacted them the old version is getting defination updates till
today they told they will fix this when 2.10 comes

On 4/27/14, Jim <jim.mcauslan2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back.  Yes, I get that but I ran into all sorts of
difficulties and tried to download the old 1.75 version but when I ran
it Nod32 didn't like it very much so I've abandoned the struggle for now.
I'll try to contact malwarebytes tomorrow.
Jim
On 27/04/2014 13:02, Mark Matthews wrote:
Hi Jim

I'm afraid it seems the latest version is completely inaccessible, and
I currently know of no workaround. I would suggest going back to the
old version, but I'm not sure if one can still have the latest
Definitions. Perhaps someone can fill me in on that one. Not much help
I know!

Mark

-----Original Message----- From: Jim
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2014 12:44 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] problems with malwarebytes

Hi List,

I upgraded to the latest malwarebytes version 2.01.004 or somethinglike
that. It wouldnt really let me get to the various functions so I system
restored my pc to the other day.  Now I can't get the older version to
work.
I've tried various things but to no avail.
All help welcome.

--
Jim McAuslan from sunny Findhorn
Minds are like parachutes