[access-uk] problems with altering data discs i've created

  • From: "kevin and emma" <kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:15:05 +0100

hi all, this problem is really bugging me as i don't know if i'm doing
something wrong, or if what i want to do cannot be done at all.
i use dvd-rw discs to back up files. ok so far? .. smile. so i go back to a
disc created previously because i have updates and i want to alter the
contents of the dvd disc. i find i cannot delete files on the dvd as they
appear to be in "read only" format, but the original files where not read
only on my hard drive. so why has that changed? and can i stop it happening?
and so  i cannot alter the contents without copying the whole 4.7 gig of
data back to my pc and reburning once i've reformatted the disc. this all
seems long winded to me. i burn my discs as multi-session discs, so i can
add data to an existing disc space permitting, i just can't alter what's
already on it! i've used nero 6.6 and 7.2 and i've just tried a recent copy
of easy cd creator. and i get the same results whatever. is there an option
somewhere in these programs i'm overlooking? is it settings to do with my
dvd writer (which is barely 6 months old by the way). or is it that i simply
can't do what i want in the way i wish? smile. or (finally) is there better
software around to do what i'm asking? ... sorry for all the questions but
this is driving me nuts! any help will be gratefully received i can assure
you!

Kevin - owner of the audyssey gamers discussion list at:
www.audyssey.org
contact me via email/msn:
kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx