[access-uk] Re: problems with Humanware Companion

  • From: Ted Martin <tedmart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 14:36:03 +0000

Wendy, this may not be a satisfactory answer, but personally I use the companion for transferring RNIB talking books, and for everything else copy and paste in Windows Explorer.

Talking books are very easy. Put the CD in the drive and press alt B for browse. it always seems to land on the CD drive, so press enter. Then alt R, and the transfer process starts. Use a card reader if you have one, it's quicker than connecting the stream itself. You probably know all this already, but as I say, I find it easier to use Windows Explorer for mp3 files etc. I don't have any other e-books.

Regards,  Ted

On 01/01/11 19:57, Wendy Dundas wrote:
Hi All

I have recently started to use Humanware Companion for transferring
files from my PC to my VR Stream. I am having problems as the Companion
software doesn’t seem to be recognising MP3 files on my PC – I know
exactly where the files are and have adjusted the setting to search for
‘Other books’. No matter how thoroughly I search they’re not showing up.
I also can’t get it to recognise any of my audible books – again I have
changed the setting to search for Audible and know I’m in the right
location folders.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Wendy