[access-uk] Re: problem with the Bulk folder in BT spamguard

  • From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:18:00 -0000

Hi Alexander.

What's happening there is that spamguard is thinking that your messages are
spam but the way you have your message rules set up makes sure that you see
those legitimate e-mails.

The only way to prevent the subject lines being preceeded with the word bulk
would be to train spamguard.  For this, you'd need to log on to the BTYahoo
web mail pages and browse any e-mails in the bulk folder.  For any that are
legitimate e-mails, click on the 'not spam' button to train spamguard not to
mark them in the future.

I'd have to say that I haven't found this 100% effective and am quite
prepared to put up with the word bulk in the odd subject lines here and
there to have spam filtered away from my inbox.

Regards.

Kevin
E-mail: kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx