[access-uk] Re: problem with pc(shuts down automatically)

  • From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aedanomeara@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 20:38:57 +0100

Hi Austin,
I found this on the net tonight.Might help to get the error.
Regards
Aedan.

Windows 7 <http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/a/windows-7.htm>  is
configured by default to restart immediately after a Blue Screen of Death
(BSOD) <http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsb/g/bsodbluescreen.htm>  or other
major system problem. This reboot usually happens too fast to see the error
message on screen.
Follow these simple steps to disable the automatic restart feature for
system failures in Windows 7.
Important: Unable to boot completely into Windows 7 due to the BSOD? See Tip
#2 at the bottom of this page for help.
Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: Disabling the Automatic Restart option in Windows 7 usually
takes less than 10 minutes
Here's How:
1.    Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
Tip: In a hurry? Type system in the search box after clicking Start. Choose
System under the Control Panel heading in the list of results and then skip
to Step 4.
2.    Click on the System and Security link.
Note: If you're viewing the Small icons or Large icons view of Control Panel
<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsc/p/control-panel.htm> , you won't see
this link. Simply double-click on the System icon and proceed to Step 4.
3.    Click on the System link.
4.    In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.
5.    Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window
and click on the Settings button.
6.    In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box
next to Automatically restart.
7.    Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
8.    Click OK in the System Properties window.
9.    You can now close the System window.
10.  From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that
halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot
manually when an error appears.
Tips:
1.    Not a Windows 7 user? See How Do I Disable Automatic Restart on System
Failure in Windows?
<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/f/automatic-restart.htm>  for
specific instructions for your version of Windows.
2.    If you're unable to successfully start Windows 7 due to a Blue Screen
of Death, you won't be able to disable the automatic restart on system
failure option as described above.
Luckily you can also disable this option from outside of Windows: How to
Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure From the Advanced Boot Options
Menu
<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/disable-auto-restart-windows
-7.htm> .
More Related to the Automatic Restart Option in Windows 7
*What is the Blue Screen of Death?
<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsb/g/bsodbluescreen.htm>
*How to Create the Blue Screen of Death
<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/makebsodxp.htm>
*How to Perform a Startup Repair in Windows 7
<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/windows-7-startup-repair.h
tm>
More Related to the Automatic Restart Option in Windows 7
Related Articles
*Automatic Restart Vista - How To Disable the Automatic Restart on System
<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsvista/ht/arestartvista.htm> Fa...
*Automatic Restart - How Do I Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure
in... <http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/f/automatic-restart.htm>
*Automatic Restart XP - How to Disable the Automatic Restart on System
<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/disautorestart.htm> Failu...
*How to Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure From the Advanced Boot
O...
<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/disable-auto-restart-windows
-7.htm>
*Disable Automatic Restart Windows Vista - Choose the Disable Automatic
Rest...
<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/disable-auto-restart-vista_2
.htm>
 <http://pcsupport.about.com/bio/Tim-Fisher-21913.htm> Tim Fisher