[access-uk] Re: problem with outlook 2003?

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 21:51:15 -0000

Hi Henry,

This problem occurred quite often in Vista with Outlook 2003 and was related
to updates of Vista, but not really heard of it with Win 7 and Outlook 2003.

When did the problem start to occur? Was it following an update of some
kind, a reinstallation/upgrade of Office, or an update of Windows? Can you
remember when it last worked OK? If so, perhaps a system restore would solve
the issue. If you can remember when it last worked OK and you do a system
restore, do the following:

1. Press the windows key and go to 'all programs' and press right arrow;

2. In the 'all programs' menu, arrow down until you get to 'accessories' and
right arrow;

3. In the 'accessories' menu, arrow down to 'system tools' and right arrow;

4. In the 'system tools' menu, arrow down to 'system restore' and press
enter;

5. The screen that appears will show restore options, it may default to
'recommended restore', but you don't want this option, and for some odd
reason (or it might be my system) JAWS will not change the option with the
arrow keys, so choose the PC cursor in JAWS and go to the 'choose a
different restore point' and press the left mouse click button and then
'next';

6. On the next screen, choose the date and time you want to restore your
system to - preferably to a date that you know Outlook worked properly and
then press 'next';

7. A confirmation screen appears telling you what date and time the system
will be restored to. If you are happy with this press 'finish';

8. On the final screen you will be asked if you really want to do this. If
you are, then press 'yes';

9. The PC will gather information and then reboot. On reboot and once in
Windows, a message will appear informing you that the system has been
successfully restored to the date you chose.

Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Try the other options provided by others first, and if they don't resolve
the problem then consider the system restore.

John.

  _____