[access-uk] problem with mail merge wizard

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:58:44 +0100

Hi everyone,

Don't know if you can help me out but, I'm having serious trouble in getting
mail merge to work on MS word XP.  When I do a mail merge at college on, i
think is Word 2000, I have no trouble at all!  It works just fine!

However, seeing as the wizard in Word XP is different I'm stumped.  Literally.

I'm trying to merge a list of addresses, in word document with a letter written
in another word document.

When I start the wizard, tell it I want to use the letter I've got on screen.
Then, I tell it I want to use an existing data source to get the addresses I
need.  I hit on browse, choose the file "data source let" in word doc format.
Then, I get this message.

Header Record Deliminator
It goes onto say that data must be separate from each other by charactors,
whatever.  I don't even know what a deliminator is!  I don't get any of this at
college! and I do exaclty the same thing as I'm doing here.  Except that XP's
mail merge wizard is different to older versions.  when i just click OK, I have
a list of recipients to edit, select etc.

I just don't know what to do.  Is there any way of turning off the wizard and
doing the mail merge the old way?

Any answers, please let me know.

thanks,

Justin