[access-uk] Re: problem with a website

  • From: "kevin and emma" <kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:24:42 +0100

hi tink, ok i reinstalled jaws today and still no joy. i haven't changed a
single setting from the defaults when jaws installs. i had a play tonight to
try and figure out exactly what jfw6.1 is doing, using:
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/incidents/cleared.html

if i place jaws at the top of the window and arrow down, there are two links
imediately below the title, the links say:
logo for national rail (i think) and
Back The Bid for the London 2012 Olympic Games

however, instead of arrowing down if i press tab, jfw lands on a combo box
which is immediately above the "get times" button near the bottom of the
page. however if i then hit tab again, supposedly from this combo box, i
land on those links mentioned above at the top of the page. also if i press
tab from any part of that page that isn't a link, from a line of text for
example, i get taken to the combo box mentioned above. it's almost like jaws
is attached by a chain to that combo box. i'm totally baffled by this one! i
don't think it's the website's fault, i've not heard of anyone else having
this problem anywhere. jfw behaves itself on most sites, but i just can't
figure out what setting i can change on my computer that will stop this
happening.
kevin - co-owner/moderator of the blind gamers discussion list
contact me on kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx