[access-uk] problem with a radio station

  • From: "alex thynne" <alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:26:32 +0100

Hi all

I've been trying to listen to my own local radio station, which is Dee 106.3
online, and the main url is:
www.dee1063.com

when I go to the listen live, and then click to listen live, winamp opens up
and I get the following message:
1. [Connecting]mms://stream.dee1063.com\dee1063

however, nothing else happens.  I'm wondering how to stop winamp from
accessing the station as perhaps I should either use windows mediaplayer or
another program if I want to listen to it, or even recommend someone else
have a listen from my friends abroad.  If anybody could fathom out what's
going on here, I'd be really grateful.  I was running an older version of
winamp so thought I would upgrade but running the most up-to-date version
doesn't help.  If I knew what plugin that was required to listen to the
station live, I would go up and try to find it and install it.

Alex
skype name: grytpype2006
windows live messenger name: alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx