[access-uk] Re: problem with PC please help

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:25:20 -0000

Hi Andrew,

I'd try to clear the deleted folder first ... Use Alt+E, followed by Y and "Yes" to the prompt. Close down and start up again, and try once more to delete emails you've finished reading. If this doesn't happen, see if one will move to a temp folder. If one will, move them all if you must, unless you can actually say "Move to the delete folder". This would be better.

If all else fails and you've finished reading everything in your in-box, you could take the step of closing down, then deleting the in-box.dbx folder. (They don't recommend this, but it will be created when you start up again, or should be.)

It may be that also, somehwere along the line and before deleting the in-box, you may be able to try compacting folders.

Other than these maintenance items, I can't think of anything else at the moment, but give me a bell if you think we might find other ways together.

I hope you manage to sort the problem.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx