[access-uk] problem with K1000 on my laptop

  • From: "yusuf" <hansel.osman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:22:10 +0100

Hi all, I sent this to the K1000 list and thought I'd send it here as well
just encase the problem wasn't with K1000 but with my laptop.

First things first I amusing K1000 version 8.01 on a compaq presario laptop
1500T which is running windows XP Pro. My screenreader is Window Eyes 4.5
SP4. But I exit WE before running K1000.
The problem is when running K1000 I am unable to activate any function using
the laptop's enter key.
If I go in to the file menue and want to enter the open file dialogue
pressing enter on open file makes no difference. The file menu remains open
and does nothing.
The same thing happens with all the options from any of the menues. Pressing
enter does nothing. It is as if the enter key is broken. But I know it isn't
because it works in every other function on the laptop.
Does anyone have any ideas? If I connect an external keyboard to the laptop
theres no problem its just when I use the laptop's own keyboard.

Yusuf Osman. Owner of the trekker email list. To subscribe send a blank
email to

trekker-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx