[access-uk] problem solved: was which audio application do i need

  • From: "Stephen Green" <stephen.tina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 09:16:37 +0100

Previously I posed the question if anyone knew of a utility that would quickly
unmute my volume control.

I have now found an excellent little program on the jaws users site that does
the job marvellously.

It's called mute.exe and allows you to make a hot key combination that unmutes
the soundcard from the desktop.

I have also copied the shortcut into my start-up folder so that whenever I
reboot my computer, I can always be sure that volume is not muted when desktop
returns.

The jaws users site is at:
http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/programs/

Don't forget to copy the installation instructions to a document on your
computer so that you can refer to them when creating the hot key.

Finally, thanks once again to all those that posted their suggestions.

Steve Green