[access-uk] printing on envelopes

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 00:21:16 +0100

Hello again everyone!

My first question to you please.

I'm trying to print directly on a DL size envelope. When I used Notepad, and
configured my printer to match the envelope's size and to rotate the printing
by 180 degrees, the printer printed the address I wanted where I wanted it,
except, it printed "untitled notepad" at the top, and "page one" at the bottom.
And obviously I don't want those two sentences to appear on the envelope. So I
moved to MS Word, and after I chose (DL envelope) from the (Scale to paper
size) combo box in the Word printing dialog box, the results weren't
encouraging at all. The font size was too small; though I didn't change the
font size. And the printing wasn't rotated; it printed vertically on the
envelope if you know what I mean.

Now, I'm not sure what I can do next, I don't know how to get rid of "untitled
notepad". or how to properly configure MS Word. Or, maybe there's a third
option I haven't thought of?

Any thoughts will be appreciated,

Amro

** vacation ## d