[access-uk] Re: preparing for clean installation of XP

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:59:02 -0000

From past experience, XP home has always picked up the Video Card, and
installed appropriate drivers. You'll need sighted help to do this, but =
if
you click the Hardware Tab of the 'System multi-page dialogue, select =
Device
Manager, expand your computer name, then Display Adapters, you should =
see
the card listed in there if a suitable driver was found; else, you'll =
just
see a Question Mark alongside it.
Saying this, if your Sound Card drivers have been successfully =
installed,
you can use Narrator to Perform the steps outlined above, although again
from experience, you physically need to install these....Either from =
Windows
Update, or from your Mobo CD (most probably the latter). HTH.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Matthews
Cardiff, Wales, UK