[access-uk] Re: power of a computer

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:30:37 +0100

Graham, what you are saying belowe is sound advice.

A slight variation on the desktop is the small form desktop and I've had
one of these for near on five years now.  I figured that if I got the
RAM size right, and I had an adequate video card - mine's 128Mb (talking
XP here) then the basic system was always going to be sufficient for my
purposes.  There is one expansion slot which I've not used as yet.  Oh,
there is a serial port and I use a secondhand external synth in this.

My thinking was that there are now many USB and firewire devices that
can add functionality and I've got an external higher quality firewire
soundcard attached as one of these.  Of course external hard discs can
also come in handy if you are running short on internal HD space.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx