[access-uk] Re: power of a computer

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:18:54 +0100

Glad you are all sorted then Derek!

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx
Skype Name: Cairnsplace
----- Original Message ----- From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 3:14 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: power of a computer

Hi  Jackie
I think I may have  given the impression that I was still looking
for a new  laptop.  I have the new  laptop now!

Firstly, Blazie  Engineering were telling me a desk pc  was better for me,
on the  grounds more powerful.  I was not going along with their advice
because having used  a laptop for over 8 years I was happy to stay with
laptops. So cut long story shrot they refused to deal with me for training
etc.

The  council  then ordered my new  laptop, (not sure where from)
and booked my training with  Sight  & Sound. Sight & Sound had no problem
with me preferring a laptop. And if you think about it, given what i use it
for, there is  likely  no real advantage  of desk computer  anyway.

All I want is:
emails, printing,  and internet for news  that sort of  thing.
So no  playing games,  no  long  downloads of music or books  etc.

my use is  pretty basic compared to some users here.

Regards,  Derek