[access-uk] Re: pdf files

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 22:39:38 -0000

I'll correct the URL. It's http://www.nvda-project.org.

--
Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype: chrishallsworth7266
klango: chrishallsworth
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 7:32 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: pdf files

Hi Alastair,

Don't talk to me about Web IE <Smile>. I had cause to use Thunder the other day, and what an unpleasant experience that was. The problem? Because Web IE is a separate application, and Thunder relies on it to read HTML, I could
not read an HTML message in Outlook using Thunder, because it doesn't have
its own virtual buffer like the other screen readers.

Any chance of building Web IE into Thunder, so it could at least become a
credible screen reader?  I know it is free, but it is not much more
functional than Narrator.  NVDA rules for the free stuff <Smile>.

Oh yes, and to keep this on topic, NVDA handles accessible PDF files too,
without extra add-ons.

http://wwwnvdaproject.org

All the best

Steve