[access-uk] Re: paypal?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:49:58 +0100

That's OK Jim, as far as it goes.  If you have more than one source of funding
then PayPal does default to your prefered method of payment.  Its clear to me
though, that the prefered method by PayPal is to take the money straight out of
your bank account, or in my case at least, that's what it wants to do, even if
I have chosen credit card the last time around.

I think there's a link along the lines of choose other source of funding, and
then you are presented with the options you have previously set up, like bank
account and credit cards.  Cards, of course, have to be changed every time they
expire.  That really means just changing the card number.

Again you can register more than one address, although your primary address
should be linked to your bank account/credit card.  I find alternative
addresses useful as getting things delivered where I live, for security
reasons, is often problematic.
I hope this isn't beginning to sound overly-complicated, but PayPal does give a
lot of options for managing your account.

Might be a good idea if someone could write a walk through guide aimed at
screen reader users, although it would need updating from time to time.  I can
only say that getting familiar with the PayPal and eBay screens that come up
when you click on a Buy It Now link or pay now if you've won an auction, is
well worth the investment in time.

Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx