[access-uk] Re: pass wording USB?

  • From: "Steve Dryden" <steve.dryden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:09:17 -0000

Easiest of them all is simply buy a USB pen which already has encryptian
software built in.  I bought a 2 gig pen from PC World last year and I think it
had something like disk lock pro on it.  The software particians the pen into 2
drives, one open drive which has the security software on it and another data
section which you can only open bia using the software on the open partician
and entering the password.  You can assign the ratio of partician so that your
data section is the majority of the pen.  A nice touch is that if someone gets
the pen and tries to access the data section, the program will automatically
reformat the drive if the incorrect password is tried more than 5 times.  I
think the pen was about £20 or so.

Just look around, you'll find a lot of pens have this protection software.

Steve