[access-uk] Re: overdrive!

  • From: "John Gurd" <j.gurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:29:47 +0100

Overall I'm finding the RNIB OverDrive a boon. I've given up on the iPhone
app for now, but I can transfer books from my PC via Dropbox anyway. Like
others I think the web layout could be better, but it is doable if not
exactly a pleasure to use. I'm hoping it will improve in time if the RNIB
bring some pressure to bear. In summary I'd rather have it than not and
prefer it to the old CD-based system.

I hope they manage to get the rest of the library transferred over as last
time I looked there seemed to be just over seven thousand books which is a
fraction of RNIB's audio library.

John