[access-uk] Re: outlook on the iphone

  • From: rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 17:53:01 +0000

Hello there,
The incoming server, too.

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors.

On 15 Nov 2015, at 5:12 p.m., Billy Inglis <william.inglis72@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there, just the incoming port number to be changed?, Billy

From: Billy Inglis <william.inglis72@xxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, November 14, 2015 9:44 am

Hi Ed, hope you don't mind me asking.
I'm using pop on my laptop systems at the moment.
I have a gmail account on both my laptops, but am thinking of changing to
IMAP.
I also am using pop on my Iphone5s.
How would I go about changing to IMAP on the laptops to start with.
What changes would I have to make in the email account. I'm using Outlook
as my mail client on the laptops.
Is it just the incoming setting I would need to change, or are there
more settings to be changed, Billy

From: Edward Green <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, 13 November 2015 8.50 pm

Hi John,

An Office 365 account is a business account I believe. You can still have
your emails sync across devices (whether they're running Office 365 or
another mail client such as Apple Mail). You will need to use Plusnet's
IMAP service for this to happen, as opposed to POP3 which will just download
mail to one device.

Do you have your PC set to use IMAP or POP?

Cheers,

Ed

On 13 Nov 2015, at 19.04, john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi also right then with my outlook on the iphone i have re installed
it and it is asking me to set up an account i do have my email working
on the pc which is my plusnet account now there is an office 365
account or outlook dot com account or exchange account then yahoo then
icloud then google and imap i did think it would sync with my outlook
account on the pc i have paid for the office 365 on the pc and thought
it would just sync when using the apps. if i put in from the office
365 account my email address and passsword it says no account with
this email exists so a bit stuck
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"subject=unsubscribe]
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"subject=faq]

** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"subject=unsubscribe]