[access-uk] Re: ot a satellite tv question

  • From: George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 18:10:46 +0000

Hi Adrian,

I've got one of those "T" shirts too.

You can actually buy masonry drills which will penetrate that thickness of
wall.  The business end as it were, comes with a threaded section.  You then
get extension pieces which screw on to the business end when you need more
depth.  You do withdraw the drill frequently to clear out the resultant sand.

It's way better doing this and will give you excellent reception of course.

Can't help you with cell phones, but as regards internet, again you have the
cable option to at least go as far as a wireless access point in the tiny
house, fed from a cable at the main house side.

George