[access-uk] Re: original Victor reader classic current firmware version

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:17:37 +0100

Hi James,

yes, the RNIB usually do supply updates.  i remember getting mine two years
ago, after I had done the update myself. This is a firmware version of the
victor reader classic's that the RNIB talking book service distributes.

Ok, well, with downloading the update from the web i.e. visuaide, if you can't
wait or, just want to get the firmware update over with, you've got that luxury
of doing that whenever you want.  THere's not a lot of difference between doing
that and waiting for the CD from the RNIB.  Only that, you'll wait however long
it takes and, sometimes it can take a long time.

OK, I'll just locate the webpage again....

here's the webpage to the features the new firmware offiers.  I'm sure I've got
the right one now.

http://www.visuaide.com/HW/download/_README_3_0_7.asp

I hope it is right.  it should be firmware version 3.0.7

thankfully I got some help in locating the "exact" file I needed for the older
model I've got.

Hope this answers you're questions James.

all the best,

Justin