[access-uk] Re: opinions wanted

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:35:00 +0100

Having read all the posts on this thread before adding my tuppence, I would
say that if you buy from an alternative manufacturer such as Humanware, S
and S, Blazie, et al, then you need to request instructions in the format of
your choice when placing the order.  If you go back to them afterwards, they
will generally charge you for providing those instructions in the format of
your choice, particularly with an emphasis on Braille.

If RNIB are the main dealer for the product you were seeking Hazel, then
they should practice what they preach and provide the instructions in the
format of your choice.  But if they are the reseller, then try to bear in
mind that you would need to request the instructions when ordering from the
main dealer or else you'll get a nasty surprise later!! (smile).  That has
been my experience, both as a customer and employee of assistive technology.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns