[access-uk] Re: opening files

  • From: "Ian Robinson" <ian228@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 13:29:02 -0000

there are 2 other ways to convert a file to a new version of Word.

Using the Save As command:
1.  Choose Save As from the File menu or press F12.
2.  Focus should be on the file name box, tab once to get to the file format
list.
3.  Move to the top of the list to choose Word Document.
4.  Press Enter to activate the Ok button.
You will now have 2 versions of the document.

The second method is to allow Word to convert the file for you.
1.  Open the File menu and cursor down to Info Tab.
2.  Press the tab key a couple of times and you should be on the Convert button.
3.  Press Enter and the file will be converted to the new format.

The key sequence for the above is: Alt+f, i, k.

When Word converts the file, focus returns to the document.  When you close the
document, Word will prompt to save the changes.  The file will be saved in the
new format and the old version will automatically be deleted.

HTH.

Ian