[access-uk] office 2007 "Menus"

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:39:42 -0000

        Some weeks ago a list member whose name I have forgotten kindly
posted the following link
http://www.addintools.com/english/menuword/

from which it is possible to purchase add-ons which add an item to the
Office 2007 ribbons from which the familiar menu system can be used.

Although I can see that such an addition might save time in finding particular
commands etc., I am wondering whether it also retains the familiar
dialogues used in 2003 and earlier.
If so this would be a great bonus as I find that some of the dialogues
reached in 2007 are much less screen reader friendly than the previous
ones.

A simple example is the  Sort dialogue in Excel.  In the older versions you
jus selected one or more columns  in drop down lists and specified things
like A - Z for the sort order, and you were away.
I can "see" what is needed in the corresponding Excel 2007 dialogue, but
how to achieve it defeats me so far.

I would seriously consider buying the add-ons but only if they gave access
to the conventional dialogues.

If anyone has actually tried these add-ons I would be grateful for any
information as to how far they go.

Douglas

  .

--