[access-uk] Re: off topic just this once

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 14:16:02 +0100

My only suggestion would be, when googling them, to make sure you put
their name (or possible variants) in quotes, known as a "phrase
search".
For example, "Francis Holman" returns a manageable 157 results,
whereas Francis Holman without the quotes returns over half a million
results!

This is because the latter will return a page with, for example,
Francis Drake and Peter Holman anywhere in the entire page in any
order, whereas the former only returns those exact words in that
order.
It's amazing how many people don't know this, and how much better
results come when you use it :)

Also, if you are willing to pay a little, 192.com is a good facility
too. You'll get a result, but greyed out - if that result looks
hopeful, you can pay to see the full result.

Good luck!