[access-uk] off topic: Fishing email

  • From: "Gordon Keen" <gordon.keen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:27:08 +0100

Some while ago the problem of spam fishing emails came up, this article in
The Sunday Times might be of interest:

Website that deals with dodgy e-mails: A Question of Money.

By Diana Wright

Each week Diana Wright sorts out readers' financial problems

SB writes: Is there an e-mail address to which we can forward suspect
e-mails purportedly coming from banks?

Thanks go to several readers who pointed me in the direction of the
website banksafeonline.org.uk, run by the Association of Payment
Clearing Services, which deals with safety issues relating to online
banking.

The site includes an e-mail address, reports@banksafeonline.

org.uk, and encourages people to forward any suspect messages.

* E-mail Diana Wright at the address below (no attachments please) or
write to A Question of Money, The Sunday Times, 1 Pennington Street,
London E98 1ST, giving a daytime telephone number. We cannot send
personal replies or deal with every letter. Please do not send
original documents or SAEs. Advice is offered without legal
responsibility questionofmoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Sunday Times
Page Money 2
Copyright (C) The Sunday Times, 2006