[access-uk] Re: o.e. puzzle

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:43:52 -0000

Hi,

Try this:

1.  Copy those files to a location you can get at easily (they will be
.dbx and .cdx files).
2.  Use the import wizard in OE to import those CDX and DBX into your
current identity.

Once the files are imported they will be compacted and new files will be
created.  You can then get rid of the old files.

I sometimes recommend that OE users backup the CDX/DBX files by going
into the tools | options menu, then in the system somewhere there is a
tab dealing with file management, you can then open the directory
specified in the dialog box and copy the files to a safe location, which
can be easily imported if something goes wrong through the day to day
use of the program.  We have had to revert to these backups more than
once.

Sorry for being vague about locations; I am not an OE user really.

Andrew.