[access-uk] notice from RNIB

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:57:55 +0100

Hi all
I have been  given permission to pass oon the  followng from
Karen Porter Manager: Information & Publishing
RNIB Publishing and Internal Communications

Please reply to magazines@xxxxxxxxxxx if you need any further information,
Thank you.

RNIB magazines review
We would like to clarify which magazine titles RNIB is reviewing to improve
their focus, quality and reach.

We are not including in this review our leisure reading titles such as
Access IT, Radio and TV Guide, Chess Magazine. These are digests of material
from magazines found on newsagents shelves - and are produced in Braille and
on disk.

Specifically, the titles we are currently consulting on are:
New Beacon
Welcome to a world of
Vision
Visability
Eye contact
Curriculum Close Up

In the future we will be reviewing and consulting on:
Focus
Campaign News
Access Journal
Involve
Outlook

We plan to take the very best of those titles listed above, to contribute
to a new range of six titles. We are currently gathering customer feedback
to help shape the content of these titles. Current issues of New Beacon,
Welcome, Visability, Eye Contact and Curriculum Close Up feature reader
surveys.
If readers would like to fill these in over the telephone you can call our
magazines hotline on 020 7391 2375 and leave a message telling us when to
phone you back. You can request further information about the review and
also
email your comments to magazines@xxxxxxxxxxx