[access-uk] Re: nokia screen reader problem

  • From: Tassie da hiphop kid <tassie@xxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 09:58:21 +0100

Well according to code factory it's still being developed and on there website they claim the e75 is supported with a link to the nokia store. I know symbion is old but i do not like tuch screens and didn't like the iphone when i tried it in a shop. The screen reader appears to be still listed on the nokia store but not downloadable. Perhaps when the phone arrives it'll download on that. I am just looking for a phone! not a computer that makes calls like the androids or similar tuch devices, the symbion phones have the extras like camera and music player i want and this also has wifi as an extra for basic web tasks which is all i want as my computer and braillenote are more for the internet for me.

Just hope that code factory's info is correct and i've not got a useless phone coming.

~l8ise.

-----
From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 23 May 2013 08:20:21 +0100
Subject: [access-uk] Re: nokia screen reader problem

Hi Louise.

I'm not entirely sure which models the free Nokia screen reader is for, but I'm pretty sure the E75 wasn't one of them. This is a very old phone now and as Symbian is on the way out of use and already seriously out of fashion, it may be that the screen reader has been pulled from the Nokia store. I would seriously consider returning this device and buying a budget Android phone of which there are plenty if money is a consideration, or if you can afford to stretch to an IPhone 4S this will provide you with a much more robust accessible solution, exponentially expand your potential for using your device as well as provide you with something that will be supported for at least the next couple of years with feature updates. I'm not sure about the development status of either Nokia screen reader or the other Symbian products, however I haven't heard developments of any
significance for some time.

All the best, Ibrahim.