[access-uk] Re: nod 32 installation

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:26:38 +0100

Hi Steve.

My wife Pauline assisted me last night with one computer and she is going to
do the other this evening.  She only did a normal installation though.  You
mentioned previously that the graphics could be turned off afterwards.  My
wife is a great help but not too much into computing.  Can you tell me how
to do it in retrospect please. I can then get her to do this tomorrow
evening..

Incidentally, I was talking with Neal last night and he is going to get
information for me on the power pack for the zoom.  I agree with you
totally.  The Zoom, when using the adaptor is as quiet as a mouse, but on
batter, you could not record a mouse because of the hum.  Or like you say,
birdsong.  The recording would be wasted.  Now if the power pack can get rid
of that, that would be something worth getting.  When I did my podcast on
the farm, I liked to shut up and just record the quiet sounds around me,
rather than talk, talk and talk.  But with the hum, I need to make sure that
there is some form of noise around.

Best wishes.
Andy