[access-uk] new audio description recorders - but don't get too excited

  • From: "STEPHEN GREEN" <stephen.tina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:21:25 +0100

I don't know how generally this is known, but I've just discovered that
Panasonic DVD recorders now have the facility to record audio described
programmes.

Now, don't get too excited - these recorders are not in any way accessible, but
if, like me, you have a sighted partner, they can set the machine to record and
the non-sighted person can at least listen to the recorded programme.

Of course, using freeview, it means that you don't have to pay a monthly fee
for a sky+ box or a virgin V+ box.

The DMR-EX769 has a 160 Gb hard disk and sells for £215 at Amazon.

Steve Green