[access-uk] Re: netbooks verses laptops

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 17:46:02 +0100

Don't know if Netbooks can handle OCR, but they're certainly great for study or leisure purposes.

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 12/05/2010 12:35, Yusuf wrote:
Hi, I'm in the market for a new laptop/netbook. I need something to take
with me to libraries/archives/university that will be used for taking
notes and word processing and might be used for scanning with K1000. It
will need to be capable of supporting WE in addition to all the usual of
being able to email and do web access.

I've heard lots of good things about netbooks. Will one of these be able
to do what I need? As its DSA paying for it I want something that will
last a reasonable amount of time. My current laptop has lasted 5 years.

Any help much appreciated
Yusuf